Monday, January 07, 2008

HGR Journal Entry No. 039 - Fortune Cookie Crumbling...

Date: January 5, 2008
Venue: Midnight's Place
Regulars Present: Balian, Midnight, Kyuzo
Rules of Engagement: Warhammer 40k
Highlights:

It seems that Balian kept himself busy by assembling and priming 2000pts of Ravenwing over the Christmas holidays! So here we go!

Game1 - Balian(Ravenwing) vs. Midnight(Space Wolves)
2000pts Secure and Control Omega
Balian wins via VP!

Space Wolves had their hands full right from the get-go, with Ravenwing going from one flank to the opposite end in just two turns. What really did them in was the ton of assault cannons and meltas that took out most their infantry and armor respectively.

Ravenwing is scary I tell you. Scary enough for me to admit the Emperor's Children I brought won't be able to last 3 turns against those guys. :P

Had a relatively early dinner over at Shakey's. Then Salubri called in hoping if we can still have coffee at the local Starbucks. Perfect timing.

Balian and I were able to meet up with Salubri over the usual Starbucks. I said perfect timing coz it was the perfect opportunity for me to give Salubri's "fortune cookie" which was with Midnight since Christmas break, and with Balian getting his "fortune cookie" earlier in the day. I'm glad to know that they were happy with what I gave them. ;)

No comments: