Sunday, May 11, 2008

HGR Journal Entry No. 054 - On 40k Gaming, Bitch Slapping Bragging Rights, Freaky Rains, and Billiards...

Date: May 10, 2008
Venue: Robinsons Galleria
Regulars Present: Ebon, Kyuzo, Salubri with Balian in the background and Meanderer was, well, meandering ;)
Other Players Present: Adrian with Jesse watching the games
Highlights:

Only a couple of games were played today, because some came in late, Balian going lone wolf in the MTG tourney scene, and later on finding out Midnight was out with family and Henri down with the flu (get well soon man).

--------------

Game1 Adrian(Chaos Space Marines-Twilight Dawn) vs. Ebon(Chaos Space Marines-Deathguard)
2000pts Cleanse Alpha
Adrian Wins!

--------------

Game2 Salubri(Eldar) vs. Kyuzo(Dark Eldar)
2000pts Recon Omega
Salubri Wins!

This was fun. Salubri and I have been wanting to find out for quite some time now how these two armies would fare head to head. Omega level kinda put me at a slight disadvantage when my Dark Eldar are all on transports while Salubri's Autarch helps in getting his reserves faster. But compared to his current config I had a slight edge on speed while he can hold a line better with shooting compared to delivering my close combat troops using my flimsy transports. I hesitated in zooming all my transports the full distance and tried to shoot at the harlequins moving towards the center, only forgetting they have this Confusion ability to check distance before your can shoot those gaudy garbed gits. That proved my downfall and in true Dark Eldar tradition, hard to recover from. Well, that's one up for the Eldar Craftworlds.

I tried to make a game out of it by moving my remaining Dark Eldar Wyches (the other squad died after their Raider crashed to Ranger sniper fire) and set myself for a showdown against Salubri's Harlequins. Bitch-slap Bragging rights belong to the Dark Eldar Wyches, having taken out a squad of Harlequins in one turn and a squad of Howling Banshees the next. Chalk one up for the Dark Eldar. ;)

I decided to tap out on the bottom of the sixth turn when the Dark Eldar Wyches were shot down by Waveserpent transports and when my Archon failed to consolidate into close combat with the Fire Dragons who incinerated her with fusion gun fire.

Good game.

--------------

We packed up relatively early, and was later joined by Balian after his MTG tourney. 2wins and 4losses is not a bad result. So Salubri, Balian and I went to Metrowalk for some dinner over at Duck Wok when the rains started to pour hard. Freaky weather we're all having. So, I asked them to play a couple of racks of billiards at Elbow Room while we wait for the rains to subside a bit. No sooner have we started, we've gotten a bit competitive and kept score. The games were close, with no one actually dominating. Only on the last three racks was I able to get a groove and end the night on a high note. Final Scores: Balian-4 Kyuzo-7 Salubri-4.

Session ends 9:30pm.

3 comments:

Salubri said...

Romy! proof read mo yung post. lol

Kyuzo said...

Na-grammar nazi ako. Lolz. Edited the post a bit, for your comments. :P

Salubri said...

unless you went over it with a macho mug beside you okay na yan.

bastos mga dark eldar bitches... no more experimentation from my. really... craft world eldar are just pretty girls and boys with nasty toys. lol