Sunday, April 19, 2009

HGR Journal Entry No. 093 – Our Growing Brood

Date: April 18, 2009
Attendance: Deadeye, Kuneho, George, Mickie, Matthew, Martie, Lucas, Ebon, Kyuzo, Battle Captain, Henri, JB with special appearance from Balian, Salubri, Marty and Patrick

Kuneho showed up intent on having a game after a long absence. Results of last Session:

Game 1- Deadeye (SM-Ultramarines) Vs Kuneho (Tyranids-Hive Fleet Conqueror)
Mission: 2000pts Annihilation
Deployment: Spearhead
Result: Kuneho wins Via Tap-out 5th turn

As I won the dice off to who goes first I took the chance and deployed all my nasty fire power up front this was my list

HQ
2 Space Marine Captains – on Bike, Relic Blade
Elite
6 Assault terminators – TH/SS, Lightning Claws
In Landraider – Multimelta
Troops
2 Tactical Squads – Powerfist, Meltagun, Missile launcher, in Rhino
1 Tactical Squad – Power weapon, Meltagun, Plasma Cannon
Fast Attack
2 Landspeeder – Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Pattern
Heavy Support
2 Vindicators – Terrain Modifier

Kuneho’s List (as I remember)

HQ
1 Hive Tyrant with 3 Tyrant guards
1 Broodlord
Elites
1 Lictor
2 DakkaFex
Troops
6 Genestealer Broods – 12 each
32 Gaunts
1 Ripper Swarm – 10?
Heavy Support
2 Carnifex – Barb Strangler Venom Cannon

Having two vindicators in the game meant I had two pie plates dropping down to purify and cleanse the enemy ranks, but as the game progressed I saw all of my vehicles except my Landraider was having a hard time evading sporadic fire even though I had lots of 4+ cover saves, the straw that broke the bike’s suspension was the destruction of my two vindicators and an overwhelming presence of 6 broods of 12 Genestealers, a tactical withdraw sounded good for me! Great game Ian!

Game 2 – Martie (Tau) Vs JB (Deathwing)
Mission: 700pts Annihilation
Deployment: Spearhead
Result: Martie wins Via Wipeout

Game 3 – Matthew (Eldar) Vs Lucas (Dark Eldar)
Mission: 1500pts Seize Ground
Deployment: Spearhead
Result: Draw 1-1

Game 4- Battle Captain (SM-Luna Wolves) Vs Henri (SW-Iron Wolves)
Mission: 2000pts Capture And Control
Deployment: Spearhead
Result: Battle Captain Wins 1-0

Game 5 – Martie (Tau) Vs JB (Deathwing)
Mission: 700pts Seize Ground
Deployment: Pitch Battle
Result: Martie wins Via Wipeout

Game 6 – George (SM-Imperial Fist W/ Pedro Cantor) Vs Lucas (Dark Eldar)
Mission: 1500pts Annihilation
Deployment: Pitched Battle
Result: George Wins

Game 7 – Mickie (Chaos Daemons) Vs Ebon (Orks)
Mission: 2000pts Seize Ground
Deployment: Dawn of War
Result: Mickie wins Via Wipeout

Game 8 – Matthew (Eldar) Vs Lucas (Dark Eldar)
Mission: 1000pts Seize Ground
Deployment: Spearhead
Result: Draw

Game 9 – Deadeye (SM-Ultramarines) Vs George (SM-Imperial Fist W/ Pedro Cantor)
Mission: 1750pts Capture and Control
Deployment: Dawn of War
Result: Deadeye Wins 1-0 Counters; Tap-out 4th Turn

As there was a point reduction my list became

HQ
1 Space marine Captain – Bike, relic blade, hellfire rounds, artificer armor
Elite
6 Assault terminators – TH/SS, Lightning Claws
In Landraider – Multimelta
Troops
2 Tactical Squads – Powerfist, Meltagun, Missile launcher, in Rhino w/ Extra Armor
1 Tactical Squad – Power weapon, Meltagun, Plasma Cannon
Heavy Support
2 Vindicators – Terrain Modifier

George’s List was (As I remember)

HQ
Pedro Cantor
Space marine Chapter Master – power weapon
Elite
Dreadnought – multimelta, dreadnought close combat weapon
2 Tactical Terminators: 10 Terminators each – Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile launchers, Chainfist
Troops
2 Tactical Squads – Flamers, Missile launcher, Power Weapon

George went first deploying his tactical marines on the very edge of his deployment at the center of the table. I deployed my 3rd tactical squad (Rhino less) thru combat Squads placing them near my counter another tactical squad in Rhino facing his tactical squad guarding his objective.

First turns came, George marching in his Dreadnought and two full squads of terminators glistening with weapons of mass carnage and death with Pedro cantor no less. A light From the Sky signaled the end as his Chapter Master called in an Orbital Strike luckily it deviated placing a crater near nowhere. I rolled in the rest of the army, Vindicators positioning to decimate his Tactical squads, Landraider waiting for a hole in the ranks to blunder into, another rhino with a full squad. My Chapter Answered back with my own Orbital Strike, but again placing a large crater nowhere! My Vindicators made Short work of the tactical marines in front after two thunderous shots only 2 survived the Chapter Master and the Sergeant. Space marine with Plasma Cannon was taking pot shots at terminators Vaporizing 2 in the process not enough to force him a morale test.

2nd turn More marching on George side than firing. I rushed my Rhino forward up the hill, head long into his battle lines, popping smoke of course. More Decimating shots from my Vindis to little or no effect due to cover.


3rd turn George marched his Terminators again then ran them to get into the fray faster, he also moved his untouched 10 tactical marines up the hill to assault my rushing rhino, good thing the Emperor was with me, for the Rhinos was just shaken, Space marine Chapter Master and Sergeant hurriedly ran for cover. I positioned my Emperor Protects Rhino back down the hill disembarking the squad, and drove my Emperor Doesn’t Favor You Rhino just at the tip of the hill, immobilizing it with a 1, disembarking a squad. Also walking my Combat squad up the hill for some HTH action. Rushed my Landraider up the center of the board disembarking my Assault terminators within assault range of the 10 man terminator squad. My Landraider took a multimelta shot against the dreadnought with no effect. More shots came from my Vindicators Stunning his Dreadnought while dotting the landscape of some craters. My 2 tactical squads made quick work of his tactical squad, like rain, bullets from bolters, energy weapons and melta weapons reduced the 10 man squad to a man, my combat squad finished it with a melta shot, reducing the sergeant to a pile of slag!

Assault Phase: My Assault Terminators Assaults the Terminator Squad and clipping the sergeant and Chapter Master. Pedro Cantor contributed to the fight via his Inspiring Aura giving my opponent 1+ attacks. The chapter Master Swung first killing 1 of my Lightning claw terminator; my 2 terminators with Lightning claw strikes back, killing 3-4? Terminators, Initiative 1 came up and thunder hammers and powerfist exchanged blows, I won combat but Pedro Cantor meddled again for He made the squads stubborn, luckily(or Unluckily) George rolled 11 on both his terminators and Chapter master’s morale check that made them ran, letting me consolidate near my Landraider.

4th Turn. As George saw his troop choices decimated he opted for the draw, walking his terminators and launching a hail of bolter fire my way. I answered back with my Vindicators and Plasma Cannon, immobilizing his Dreadnought and obliterating some of his termies but first hiding my marines to the cover of their respective Rhino’s. The lone marine with a melta weapon upon witnessing the death of his combat squad marched forward, opened fired with his weapon and proceeded to assault the terminators, alas he will be missed!(Not for his stupidity but for Gallantry against insurmountable odds).

5th turn. George taps out, a tactical withdraw was the best recourse. Great game George!

Game 10 – Kyuzo (CSM-Black Legion) Vs Henri(SW-Iron Wolves)
Mission: 1000pts Capture and Control
Deployment: Spearhead
Result: Draw! Both objectives contested

This is supposed to be a rematch of similar sized armies Kyuzo and Henri fielded last time at the Battle Bunker, with a similar result on a different Mission. Maybe we should play out the other mission and deployment (Seize Ground, Dawn of War) for a tiebreak? LOL.

Game 11 – Battle Captain (SM-Luna Wolves) Vs Lucas(Dark Eldar)
Mission: 1000pts Seize Ground - 4 Counters
Deployment: Pitched Battle
Result: Battle Captain wins 2-0 1-contested

Whoa! – That was a long Battle Report; I’m expecting all HGR Battle Reports will now be this long or longer still! Thanks and keep coming back Guys!

Early in the game day, we were greeted by Balian, checking up on the HGR action.
As another Mini GT grew near, the Overall best of the last years HGR Tourney (Marty) came and saw the Brood was growing with new players. Patrick also checked the games. He’ll be back next week and Marty too to participate in a little HGR gaming action.

No comments: