Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Chat Box Spam

I've enabled the word verification feature in order to fix the bot spammers invading our chatbox.  However as of today there seem to be some problems when making posts.  After the verification is done the post fails to appear on the chat box.  I am still unsure if this is because cbox itself is having problems or if it's an error caused by the change in settings. 

How you can help: 

I only use mozilla firefox.  If you guys are using Internet Explorer or some other browser do try the chatbox and see if it works for you.  Then let me know how it goes. Perhaps we can determine if the problem is due to my browser or if it's something else.

We could just revert the settings to the way it was before which made posting much easier (no word verification which is more work for lazy people. lol) though that means the spam bots will keep posting all sorts of stuff.

But heck if you're fine with this "George" guy that keep appearing on the chatbox then I guess it's all okay. :P

Just kidding George.  ;)

No comments: