Saturday, November 17, 2007

HGR Journal Entry No. 034 - A Few Firsts...

Date: November 10, 2007
Venue: Salubri's Residence
Regulars Present: Salubri, Balian, Kyuzo, with special participation of Joel
Games of Choice: Warhammer 40k, Warmachine

Highlights:

Today was a day of firsts. It was Balian's first Warmachine game that from what I gather did not show much signs of newbie-ness. It was also the first Warhammer 40k game in a while with Joel contributing to the group's impression on the new Chaos Space Marines codex. And it was Kyuzo's first venture into a 750pt Warmachine game. Here's a couple of accounts made by the Regulars and the games we played that day. Enjoy reading and keep on gaming.

-------

Game 1 - Salubri(Commander Coleman Stryker) vs. Balian(Kommander Sorscha Kratikoff)
-------

Game 2 - Balian(Dark Angels) vs. Joel(CSM Plague Marines)
-------

Game 3 - Kyuzo(High Exemplar Kreoss) vs. Salubri(Lord Commander Coleman Stryker)
750pts Pendulum
Lord Commander Coleman Stryker wins via Assassination and Objective

Kyuzo report (some details ripped from Silence in Darkness blog):

I agreed to play a 750pt Warmachine game against Salubri's Lord Commander Coleman Stryker using my High Exemplar Kreoss. First time for me to play 750pts and against an epic warcaster at that. I lost that game, still had fun in the process, and did a bit of analysis of the outcome.


I think I did well in surviving Epic Stryker's feat by weathering out his battlegroup's extra attacks as well as keeping his Storm Lances stuck on the far flank by the Temple Flameguard. I tried to counter it by popping Kreoss's own feat on my turn to deal some considerable hurt back at the opposition. But I guess it wasn't enough and the casualties both sides inflicted created some avenues for some precise charge attacks. It was the Centurion slam on the Castigator resulting in Kreoss knockdown + the Stryker overcharge(?) that caught me flat footed. Simple error in judgement of charge distances and in placement of my remaining forces on the table. It's nothing a little more practice and gaming time can't fix. Good game against Salubri. Didn't disappoint.
-------

Session ends with dinner Quattro (for a change), with Balian and Salubri giving new meaning to the joys of line of sight while Joel and I got a bottlecap opener each instead.

No comments: