Monday, November 03, 2008

HGR Journal Entry No. 073

Venue: Midnight's Place somewhere in Katipunan
Regulars present: Lord Chuck (aka salubri), Darth Ravage (aka balian), Deadeye, Midnight, Kuneho and Henri.
Other People present: Kei, Kim and Manolet(?) who played WARMACHINE with Midnight later in the afternoon.

---

Game 1 - Midnight's Space Wolves vs Lord Chuck's Craftworld Megil Mea.
Seize Ground in Spearhead Deployment
Lord Chuck wins with 1 objective to none.

This time I bunched up my units together against the rampaging Space Wolves. Lucky shot took out the Land Raider on turn 1. Timely arrivals of reserves saved my troop units from painful butt kicking. My expensive units were mostly useless for this game. Lucky roll of the die on turn 5 ended the game early and not a moment too soon as one more turn would have seen Midnight taking 2 maybe 3 objectives.

I was pretty happy to see the roads and finally use the 18" move for my transports. Sadly a lucky shot took out my Landraider causing my troops to run for it. Errors on my part were -
miscalculating the amount of firepower SW could absorb. 2 squads made it to the eldar line only to be killed by shooting from 4 squads.
charging back into combat with 4 Bloodclaws instead of going for the objective.
Grey Hunters keeping to within 6" to ensure the shining spears/autarch fled off board and in the process, leaving behind the objective.
finally, still thinking there are 6 game turns. :P

i think we need to post the rule on assaulting the unit embarked on a transport. that really is iffy to me.

Game 2 - Darth Ravage's Dark Angels vs Deadeye's Ultramarines
Seize Ground in Dawn of War Deployment
Deadeye wins!

Game 3 - Henri's Iron Wolves vs Kuneho's Tyranids
Annihilation in Spearhead Deployment
Draw with Kuneho ahead in VPs!

Some major anomaly in probabilities saved Henri's units from being wiped as their power armor saved them from some 50++ wounds!

Game 4 - Lord Chuck's Craftworld Megil Mea vs Kuneho's Tyranids
Seize Ground in Pitched Battle Deployment
Draw with Kuneho ahead in VPs!

Eldar and Tyranids on 4x4... The Horror! lol Still it went pretty well with Ian getting the best of me with the measurements and my Dire Avengers were charged on turn 2. Another mistake caused the Shining Spears and Autarch fall to a Gene Stealer assault. By turn 6 I only had 2 units left which was just about enough to contest the objective. :D

Warmachine Khador Kharchev vs. Hordes Legion Thagrosh 500 pts
No man's land
Kim took 1st turn and his units were pretty fast moving considering he had TOW in effect bringing forward his jacks much faster than normal. He also casted the clothesline so I knew I had to watch out for this. I moved my units forward - seraphs and angelius in front.
Kim upkept clothesline and his solo casted the no-spell thingy. Angelius charged one of the jacks and promptly tore off 1 arm and movement. 2 seraphs went after the jack's twin and also damaged the left arm.
Kim used TOW and knocked down my angelius then whacked it silly with his jack. Carnivean got into the fray and tried to do damage but not much. One seraph disengaged and went after the solo lurking in the back. Thagrosh uses his feat and brings back Angelius.
Kim again knocks down the Carnivean and whacks it good and dead. These guys really hurt! By this time, he has 1 jack in no-man's land as well as Kharchev. So I take a gamble and try to kill the jack which I luckily did. The angelius charges Kharchev and does a lot of damage. It all boils down to Thagrosh charging in and with a few lucky hits/damages - we're able to bring the Khador caster dow for the win!

No comments: